Submit

kyoupi
Vice Captain

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:58 am
WHO: Lazarus and Ethiriel
WHEN: Beginning of Fall
WHERE: Botanical park

Lazarus was out running some errands for Kyou, as usual, since it was his off day from his job at the bar. Until he came across this florist who had a rose display in the front of his shop. They were the same exact shade of pastel pink from the roses at the rose garden he went with Ethiriel last year. Speaking of which, wasn't it about this time too when they went last year? The rose tunnel should be blooming now.

Smiling, he took out his phone and called the Knight household. He remembered saying last year that they should visit the park again when Ethiriel could see, and the roses are blooming again.

A week later, on his off day again, Lazarus waited at the exact same place they were waiting for Ethiriel and Henry last year. Minus Kyou. Just wearing a simple dark blue hoodie with white lining inside, and a white t-shirt underneath. The trees had already begun to yellow and dried leaves are littered everywhere. The Valsaros kicked at the leaves idly as he waited for Ethiriel's arrival.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:09 am
Ethiriel had certainly been surprised at Lazarus' phone call, but it was definitely a pleasant one. The Sigel had nearly forgotten their time in the garden, having been so long ago on top of everything hectic that had happened between then and now. It was certainly nice to hear from the Incubus again, and she was quite delighted at the idea of meeting once more.

Henry had work that day and so did Gabe, so Ethiriel took matters into her own hands -- with Nedhudir in tow, the silvery Raevan followed the directions given to her by her GPS while the collie made sure she didn't run into anything or drift out into the streets.

With the weather turning, a chill had begun to fill the air. It wasn't cold enough for her to necessitate Ethiriel to retract her branches or crown, but just enough to wear a long-sleeved blouse. It was simple: a lovely shade of burgundy with fitted sleeves and a pleated torso, though it clung to her curves quite nicely. Henry had helped her dress for today as she wanted to look nice for her friend.

As Lazarus waited, Ethiriel made her approach toward his scent as it drifted int he air. Her milky eyes remained forward, stationary, as she relied on her other senses and her dog to lead her. A gentle smile formed on her lips when she thought she was close enough -- Nedhudir recognizing the Valsaros as well.

"Lazarus," said the Sigel, stopping just a few feet short of the male. Her hair cascaded down the front of her shoulders. "It's so good to see you again. Have you been well?"

NeonMace

Eloquent Giver

kyoupi
Vice Captain

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:33 am
Hearing someone, or something approaching, Lazarus looked up from his phone where he had been checking for replies. He smiled and pocketed his phone when he saw Ethiriel approaching with Nedhudir, the latter looking chirpy and fluffy as the last time he remembered him. However, his smile turned to one of a surprised expression when he saw that Ethiriel's eyes are a milky green color, unlike the clear green from when he saw her last Christmas. Did something happen?

Well, something did happened, as Lazarus noticed that she's no longer a Frei as well, judging from how the blouse draped around her torso. Man, it had been a really long time since they had last met. Now Lazarus wished that he had asked Ethiriel out sooner.

"It's nice to see you again as well." Lazarus said as he stepped up to the Sigel. He didn't wait as he stepped up till he was right next to her, elbowing her arm that was holding the GPS gently. She didn't need it now, he will be her GPS from here on out. "Care to accompany me on this walk? My lady?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:41 pm
Lazarus' sentiments were met with a gentle smile the easily met the Sigel's eyes, and as soon as she heard the Valsaros' feet treading the ground to close the distance she pocketed her phone on the same thought. Once her own was carefully tucked into his arm, Ethiriel's other hand, Nedhudir's leash still held tightly, rested on Laz's hand for just a second before giving a quick pat.

"I would love to," she said calmly, her voice a bit more toned down than she had been the last time they spoke -- but she was in completely positive spirits. "I wouldn't dream of not, as your invitation was so welcomed. It really is a pleasure to meet with you again."

As Lazarus lead the way, both from having feet and no disability (not that it really hindered her, anymore), Ethiriel floated dutifully next to the Incubus. Given their proximity, her mind slipped as she gently pressed her temple against Lazarus' shoulder for just a moment; a sign of affection, though platonic. "You have been well, I hope? It has been some time since we last spoke; I do believe we have plenty to catch up on."

kyoupi

NeonMace

Eloquent Giver

kyoupi
Vice Captain

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:11 pm
As they took their first steps, Nedhudir obediently started to walk along with them as well. This is pleasant. Lazarus thought to himself as Ethiriel clung lightly to him. Even if she couldn't see, the weather was still pretty nice. The smell of grass and wood is in the air, there is a light breeze that welcomes them ever so often, billowing through their hair. Lazarus shut his eyes for a moment, trying to imagine how Ethiriel's world felt like.

His red eyes opened when Ethiriel leaned her temple against him. Eyelids lowered as he looked at the Sigel. Lazarus is not usually a touchy feely person, he don't even hug people that often. However this felt... pleasant. So he just continued to look straight forward to guide the way as he let Ethiriel lean against him.

"Yeah." He chuckled, even if it sounded a little sad. "We do have a lot of catch up on. It's been... months? Since we last met. But first, tell me when did you grow into half a lady?" His tone is more playful now as he glanced at Ethiriel's torso again. He have to admit that the blouse looks very fetching on her.

NeonMace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:50 am
Much like Lazarus had been, Ethiriel took in the day as much as she could -- it wasn't too cold, there wasn't too much wind and the air carried many scents and sounds surrounding them. It definitely was nice, and it felt good to have an actual purpose to leave the house: she did often go on walks for Nedhudir's and her own sake, often becoming restless when remaining in the house, but being out with a friend was a treasure in of itself.

The sentiment had been pleasant for the Sigel just as much as it had been for Lazarus, but Ethiriel put little thought into just what she was doing -- she was always a rather physical person, even fresh out of the tank. She didn't even think of the possible connotations.

Lifting her head away from Lazarus' shoulder, Ethiriel's eyes trained onto the silver studs decorating Nedhudir's collar; this made it much easier to go on walks as she didn't have to guess where he was -- now that she was with Lazarus for the evening, she didn't exactly need the dog but his company was always appreciated. "Since the New Years' party, I believe. It's amazing how time flies..." she mused, though she trailed off in thought with the last word -- even still she thought of Cesc and Zurine, and even though there was nothing romantic between Ethiriel and the stag... it still hurt. At Lazarus' second question, she shook the image from her mind for now.

"Goodness... March, I believe?" she chuckled, gently squeezing Lazarus' arm. There was a touch of amusement in her voice, carried by a small hum in thought. "I was on a camping trip with some of Henry's girlfriend's students, and... well, a lot ended up happening and I changed. I've... felt quite amazing since, I must admit!" Ethiriel decorated the end of her statement with a dazzling smile -- one that Lazarus would only recognize from the New Years' party... or, at least, the beginning of it. With another chuckle, she continued, "Though I ended up with my very first cold upon my return home. I suppose that's what happens when you spend all night out in a cold forest in early spring, then expelling so much magic from changing."

Had she any idea that Lazarus had mentally complimented her, Ethiriel would have offered an embarrassed smile and a slight pink blush to her cheeks.

"But do, please, tell me how you have been? And Dr. Kyou? Is he able to walk easier now?" Ethiriel asked, tilting her head in Lazarus' direction despite her eyes remaining on her dog's collar.

kyoupi

NeonMace

Eloquent Giver

kyoupi
Vice Captain

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:35 am
Lazarus listened quietly to Ethiriel as she spoke of her experience when she grew. "That must have been tough." Although curious, Lazarus felt like he shouldn't pry into the details about what made her grow. It felt... personal for a lot of Raevans. At least in his case it was, and still remained a secret for the most part. If Ethiriel wanted him to know, she would tell him. "Getting a cold right after you grow I mean." He added cheekily with a soft chuckle.

Ethiriel mentioned March, that was just before the Spring Viewing party and the fel essence break out incident. Now that he think about it, perhaps this was why she wasn't at the party. Although he don't remember if he asked Henry about Ethiriel or not.

It was only coincidental that they passed by the bench where Kyou rested during their last visit when Ethiriel asked about the good doctor. Lazarus gave it an amused glance before replying. "Yes, Kyou is doing much better now. He just got out of his crutches... five months ago?" He had to pause to do some mental calculation. "Some time in late April. He was ecstatic of course, went for a walk to the farmer's market near the Lab. Although he got tired really quickly and took forever to get back because he had to take so many breaks." Lazarus laughed softly at the memory, of course he had to tag along to make sure Kyou was okay. "He's much better at it now, he still take walks outside of the Lab to train his legs to be stronger. He is almost back to his old self now."

"As for me." Lazarus chuckled softly as he try to decide what to tell her about his life, so much had happened. "I got a job outside of the Lab! I work part time as a bartender now. Every Monday to Wednesday, and either Saturday or Sunday in the weekend depending on our shifts. It feels nice, making real money on my own."

NeonMace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:53 pm
"To be honest, it was... interesting. I had never fallen ill before," Ethiriel admitted, sounding rather amused herself. It wasn't pleasant, but it was certainly an experience -- not one she'd like to have again, however. Threading the hoop of the leash onto her wrist, she kept her hand against Lazarus' upper arm while both he and Nedhudir led her forward.

Smiling, the Sigel hummed at Lazarus' explanation about Kyou. She nodded along. "That news is most excellent. I'm glad he's doing much better..." Their first 'meeting' had come as a shock to Ethiriel, both as it was during a hard time in her life as well as one for Dr. Kyou. She could remember the feeling of his still hand in hers; it wasn't cold, dead, but as immobile as he was, it was still worrying. Now that things were better for the lot of them, it seemed, Ethiriel could relax in knowing he was getting better each day.

"A job?" she asked, tilting her head towards Lazarus. Perhaps it was her disability, but the silver Raevan had never considered work... "That is also wonderful news; I'm very happy for you!"

This put a seed of thought into Ethiriel as she considered: what could she possibly do? Perhaps it was something she could discuss with Henry at some point -- she wouldn't mind having something to put her mind and body into. She wasn't so much interested in the profit as she was the concept of work, itself, and now Lazarus' musings put a curiosity in her.

"Maybe someday I can find something, myself..." Ethiriel said, almost a murmur.

kyoupi

NeonMace

Eloquent Giver

kyoupi
Vice Captain

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:07 am
"Yeah." Lazarus laughed heartily at Ethiriel's congratulatory remark. "Part of the reason is because I want to learn how to make the drinks myself." He wasn't shy to admit it, he isn't an alcoholic or something too, but he had always felt the pinch while drinking at bars. "Got to admit though, the job isn't as fun as it looked. Patrons tell me the most depressing or weird things sometimes when they get drunk. Aaaand the unfortunate part is that I'm sober through most of it." Chuckling as he added. Of course he couldn't drink at work, that was one of the policy that the bar he worked at was adamant about - no drinking during working hours.

The Valsaros tilted his head a little as he heard Ethiriel's murmur, smiling brightly even if she couldn't see it. "I'm sure you will be able to find something. Perhaps... hmmm...." Lazarus racked his brain to think of Ethiriel's talents. Admittedly he don't know the Sigel very well, but from what he gathered from their conversation last time with Henry present, that she is very good in the garden. "Perhaps you could cultivate plants to sell?" He suggested. "Like, you're good at gardening right? Henry mentioned you have a sun room. You could sell the seeds, or supply flowers, or even sell baby plants right from the pot or something. I've seen people do that at farmer's markets or flea markets!"

"And that reminds me..." Lazarus was suddenly reminded of something, following their trail of conversation. "I haven't been to your sun room yet. Perhaps I can come after we visited the rose garden?" There was a tinge of hesitation in his voice, feeling a little shy about inviting himself like that.

Speaking of which, the rose garden was already within view and there was a lovely rosey scent in the air as they approached.

NeonMace

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:00 am
Lazarus' laugh was such a wonderful thing to hear and it caused Ethiriel to smile warmly. She kept her arm snuggly around his as they continued forward, enjoying his natural warmth -- thinking nothing about their proximity. Still, throughout his explanation, the Sigel couldn't help but chuckle along. "Sounds absolutely dreadful, I don't know how you manage," she teased, squeezing his arm gently.

However, an idea for work did pop into her head... perhaps she would look into it in the future.

"Hmm..." Ethiriel hummed, thinking over Laz's suggestions. "I do enjoy gardening, but I'm not sure I would say that I'm good at it. It's... more of a hobby. I'm not sure I would want to make work out of it, to be honest."

The Sigel perked as Lazarus mused aloud, turning her head towards him as he thought. His interest in her sunroom definitely made her smile bloom more and she gave a gentle nod. "That sounds like a wonderful idea. I can't guarantee how visually beautiful it is, but I can assure you that it smells wonderful." There were mostly flowers, and the room had a very earthy smell from all the dirt and foliage.

As scents were mentioned, Ethiriel closed her eyes with a contented sigh as the perfume of roses washed over the two of them -- it was something she would never get tired of in her life. At least if she couldn't see them, she could smell them. "Tell me: are they several colors or just one?" she asked as they approached. She didn't understand colors well and definitely didn't know their names, but she knew well enough that they were certainly something to see.

kyoupi

NeonMace

Eloquent Giver

kyoupi
Vice Captain

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:21 am
"Well, some people change their hobbies into businesses with no regrets." Lazarus said as his thought trailed towards Kyou. Well, perhaps Kyou have other hobbies, like dessert hunting and eating them. But he does love his job and research. For a moment, he contemplated the differences between a profiting hobby and a job that you love.

Gently shaking his head though, he cleared those complicated thoughts from his brain. Perhaps this is not the time to think deep philosophical thoughts like that. "To each their own I guess, perhaps you are the type of person that does not like to cross a hobby with work?" He asked curiously. "But I'm sure you'll find something you'll like to do as your job one day." Lazarus reassured Ethiriel as they approached the rose tunnel.

As they entered the tunnel once more like how they did before, the smell of roses enveloped them. The area immediately felt cooler as they walked into a shaded area. "There are several different colors." Lazarus began, obliging Ethiriel's request gladly. "Several different types of sizes and shapes as well. Some have a smaller bud, with petals folded against each other tightly. Others just have all the petals flared for all to see." He explained as he slowed down his pace a little, enjoying the fragrance and the sights that surrounded him. His red eyes darting around to spot the different type of roses. "The roses are several different shades of pink, some have this intense shade, almost like a fuchsia color. Some are pale, pastel in color, a soft shade that is almost white. And some even have stripes!" There was marvel in his voice as he admired the plant. "It's a striking red and white color, very beautiful."

NeonMace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:14 pm
Tilting her head, Ethiriel thought it over as well. She'd never considered gardening for work and she wasn't exactly sure how one would even do so... They didn't have the space to plant saplings or starting plants to sell. It was just something that she enjoyed, unwinding from the day or perhaps even getting it started. Either way, she couldn't see herself profiting from such activities.

"Perhaps," she agreed, though she wasn't even sure of what she'd want to do. Ethiriel was still relatively young and she knew it -- she had plenty of time. "When I do find that inspiration, you shall be the first to know." The Sigel's voice was teasing, but she meant it at the same time.

The silver Raevan closed her eyes at the cool sensation of shade surrounding her, as well as being cocooned in the scent of various roses. She could smell the difference between each one despite them all trying to mix together around her. As Lazarus spoke, Ethiriel sighed contently and mindlessly rested her temple on the Incubus' shoulder once more; nothing but a pleased and friendly gesture. Sometimes she longed to remember which color was which, having not had much time to learn them in her short stint with vision, but it still made her happy that others would try to explain for her.

It was like a dream.

The walk was calm and slow paced as the two continued describing and making conversation, but as they exited the tunnel, the warmth of the sun's beams met them and Ethiriel shivered, having not realized how much she needed that light. It was such a beautiful day and she couldn't have asked for better company.

kyoupi

NeonMace

Eloquent Giver

kyoupi
Vice Captain

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:19 am
Lazarus continued to describe the rose tunnel as they went along, deliberately slowing down his pace to enjoy the flora longer. Even going to lengths to point out and describe some butterflies and insects that are fluttering about. Nothing annoying or disgusting like flies though, thankfully. It was pretty much a one sided conversation, with Ethiriel acknowledging him with nods once in a while. He knew from the Sigel's gesture though, that she is enjoying the walk, and maybe even his babbling.

However, every good thing must come to an end as the rose tunnel ended, and they emerged outside of the shade once more. It wasn't an unpleasant feeling though as the warmth of the sunlight hits their skin.

Half of him thought about going back to Ethiriel's house to visit her garden again, like the last time. However, perhaps they should do something different this time. "Now, what about you and me, go find a nice cafe or something and enjoy some tea together?" The weather is nice today, he just thought that it would be pleasant to enjoy some tea or even desserts at some outdoor seats of a cafe, with some friendly company. Plus it's his day off, so he have plenty of time on his hands.

NeonMace

--[ Biotic Interactions ]--

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff