[ORP] Back to Roots Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:19 pm
User Image IT had been too long, far too long, since Gabby had been around other equines like herself. Being separated from everyone, in her quest to explain the need for the shufflers, in a way she almost started to become one. While she bore the faint scars along her short legs, a couple close to her eye, one long cut through her left eye from almost her mane to cheek. These have all healed, some harsher then others. Gabby had left the forested area she had last seen the flock of soot shufflers she had been... Living with.

"I have..." Leave, the last word she had wanted to say was leave. In some cases, others would think she had gone mad, letting the small hatchling walk all over her as she rested with the flock. The older plodding around smearing soot over everything including the pony herself. It was the life she had come to accept, even, sometimes mimicking their actions. All in an attempt to be accepted by the flock. Yes, flock, that was what she called the family group. But it was time she returned to her own kind, before anyone thought she was dead.

"Have to find... Who?" She couldn't remember, the winter hadn't been the kindest on the small pony, nor the months before. After the sickness she had endured without help, but for the shufflers. The run ins with the Greyscales. Sometimes it was hard to remember she was a pony and not a soot shuffler. Gabby had to find herself again, she knew there were friends out there... She just had to find them..  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:42 pm
User ImageCasper was nervously pawing at the ground, staring at the tree line. He could do this, it was just trees. He could walk through trees. He was really trying to work on this whole 'terrified of everything' thing he had going on. Not only was he sick of Switzer teasing him constantly after intentionally scaring him, but he also just... needed to DO things. He could do things. He could be a doer. Like he could do this whole walk through the trees thing to take a shortcut to the lake.

"They are just trees... just trees..." He whispered to himself as he attempted to be as small and unassuming as possible. He had begun to shakily put one leg in front of the other but found himself frozen again as a terrifying creature came into his line of sight - scarred and streaked with some dark and ominous substance. Frozen and terrified, Casper could only hope the tree monster didn't see him.

Einna Firekeeper

Tipsy Loiterer

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:24 pm
Einna Firekeeper

It was true that Gabby didn't look anything like a horse these days. Her mane and tail covered in leaves and twigs. Her coat was smeared with the gunk from the soot shufflers she had lived with. Head hanging low, she didn't see the taller stallion at first. Not until she staggered sideways to drag her side against the rough bark of a tree. She had to stop, shake her head and try to get her bearings. Where was she new? Everything should have looked familiar, but to her foggy brain everything was strange to her.

"Now where am I?" Gabby voiced loudly before she caught sight of Casper. "Hey, Hay you! You look familiar..." Half her words were shouted in his direction.

She didn't know where she was, what she was or even who she was. Everything was shrouded in a fog, just beyond her reach. But it was there.. Somewhere. "Have we met before?"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:13 pm
Kesmi

Casper was still doing his best impression of a statue when the monster started speaking. At first he kind of just heard a loud roaring sound (which was horrifying and he thought his heart might just explode there and then), but after a few seconds the sounds formed themselves into words, though slightly garbled and a little hoarse, like the speaker hadn't used their voice in a while. He blinked once, the only movement. He still wasn't quite sure whether he should just pretend to be invisible in hopes the monster would go away, or run for his life and hope he could run faster than it.

Another blink, and more words yelled in his direction and then he finally got it. NOT a monster, but a pony! A very bedraggled pony but a pony nonetheless. Met before though? Hm... He wasn't sure about that. He took a deep breath and tried to relax his rigid muscles. Taking a few tentative steps forward he peered more closely at the pony before him. What he had at first taken to be an ominous dark goo really didn't appear very ominous, just goopy, and she didn't look so good.... like maybe hurt or scared. He started to see something familiar about her but couldn't really place from where. His fear was fading though - the smaller pony didn't look very menacing anymore, just kind of confused. Sympathy and curiosity started to replace the adrenaline charged fright in his blood and he took a few steps closer.

"Um.. hi. Yeah, I think we may have met... but uh, I don't really remember. Though you do look familiar." He tried to keep his voice soft and smiled hesitantly. If she was scared then he didn't want to make her even MORE scared. He hated loud noises, especially when he was scared.

"Are you.. um, are you okay? You look like maybe you're hurt or something? Do you need some help?" He took a few steps closer but didn't want to encroach on her space or anything.

Einna Firekeeper

Tipsy Loiterer

Lady Aria Starstone

Wily Mystic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:31 pm
User ImageVieno was wandering down, towards the trees. He hoped to gather more wood for his home-cave, and stock up. It had been so very cold lately, and he'd used more then he usually did just to stay warm. He'd never be able to thank Switzer enough, though, for teaching him to make fire. That had helped him keep himself together, and safe. He came around a tree and frowned, seeing a grey horse and... a... very large furry... Soot shuffler?

Then he processed the details. A mess... but a pony. A pony covered in Soot Shuffler mess? Gabby, was that GABBY? He normally moved slowly, cautiously, but he hadn't seen Gabby in a VERY long time and he had been worried, and now here she was, covered in mess and looking confused. "GABBY!" He cried out and charged forwards, his large body eating the ground between him and the others.

Kesmi

Einna Firekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:32 am
Lady Aria Starstone
Einna Firekeeper

Gabby looked away from the white horse as he came slowly closer. She knew she hadn't spoken to another of their, her, kind in a while. It had been months since she left to investigate the creature so many feared. Feared more for their food supply then anything else. Shaking her head, her mane rustling with all the leaves and twigs tangled through it. In her condition the best thing she could have was a bath.

"No," Was her answer to the question of her being alright. She wasn't, not in the slightest. When she opened her mouth to answer everything else, the ground started to shake. Ears flicking slightly, she braced herself for whatever was to come. At least she tried to, but with her condition Gabby tumbled to the ground.

GABBY!, the name rang from whatever was causing the ground to shake.

Raising her head from the ground, she watched as a larger, heavier stallion charge in their direction. She didn't really want to get up, the snow on the ground felt like heaven right now. She knew this face, the large gentle draft from her past. At least she thought she knew him, her head was still foggy. Was that sickness coming back again? It couldn't take her the first time it seemed.

"Vieno.' She uttered barely loud enough for anyone to hear. She was a clear mess inside and out.  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Einna Firekeeper

Tipsy Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:04 pm
Lady Aria Starstone
Kesmi

No? What does that mean? No to which thing? Casper looked at her with a slightly confused expression. Maybe if he could find her family or something they would know what to do... He was not equipped for this kind of thing! "Uhhh.. okay well wh-" He cut himself off abruptly at a large thundering sound. With wide, terrified eyes he looked to the source of the sound and saw a massive beast bearing down on them.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" He let out a high scream of a neigh and felt his legs lock in fear. This was just NOT Casper's day. This is what he gets for trying to venture outside his comfort zone! Confused and possibly crazy horses and giant scary monster horses running at him! Whyyyyyyy did he leave his happy little meadow by the lake??

He saw the pony next to him collapse and his eyes, if possible, became even wider. This was it, he was going to die. He was going to be trampled to death. He always knew this day would come. He squished his eyes closed tight and waited for the end.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:16 pm
When Gabby fell, Vieno sped up, extremely worried about the condition of his ponyfriend. Her head raising up again had him somewhat relieved... She was still conscious... but this was bad. This clearly was very bad and he didn't know what to do. When he got close, he did a sudden swerve, skidding around the other stallion and to a halt right besides Gabby. He immediately went to his knees next to her. He had barely gotten in range to hear his name from her. "Yes, yes Gabby. It's me, Vieno." He gently pressed his nose against hers in a greeting, trying to catch the scent of her breath.

He didn't know. Maybe it would help him learn what was wrong, after all. After the gentle nose bump, he raised his head again to begin examining her, trying to see what was wrong, beyond how messy she was. The scars soon came to light, and he winced with worry. "Gabby, we need to get you out of the snow... I think you're sick..." She looked so awful, and he wanted to do anything he could to help her. He looked up, at the other stallion, just now noticing how terrified he looked, or even that his eyes were closed. In fact, it just now processed through his brain that he'd heard a scream. "Ah. I... I''m sorry for startling you... I am Vieno, an old friend of Gabby's... Would you consider helping me get her somewhere warmer and dryer? I have a cave..."

Kesmi

Einna Firekeeper

Lady Aria Starstone

Wily Mystic

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:04 pm
Lady Aria Starstone
Einna Firekeeper

The scream from the white stallion caused Gabby to flatten her ears back. Did he have to be so loud? It wasn't like there were many others around anyways, but all the same. She had befriended a colony of Shufflers, the ones she had been living with the past few months. Though it seemed like years, her memory foggy at best, but she remembered certain things. Like the large stallion that was on the ground close to her, eyeing her soot covered body. She really could use a bath, if the water wasn't so cold that is.

"It's been far too long Viena." Gabby started as she rolled to pull her legs beneath her body, not in any hurry to stand up just yet. "Sick? More then likely, it never wants to leave. Feels that way anyways."

Giving a glance at Vieno with her good eye, the other was milky and dull. The crescent scar trailing through it. She then looked towards the white stallion. She pitied him and his fear. But there were worse things out there then most knew. She hadn't seen it all, but she had seen darkness in places she never wanted to see again.

"Shelter does sounds nice. A bath sounds even more lovely, if someone knows a good hot spring." She mused, a bit delirious, but she shook her head before rocking forward to get her legs beneath her.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:22 pm
Lady Aria Starstone
Kesmi

Casper had waited, knowing his time was over, watching his (albeit limited) life flash across his closed eyelids. But a horrible trampling death never came. He felt a whip of wind and the sense of a huge body moving past him and then the thundering was gone. Replaced by soft words of comfort and then apology and then request... oh, OH! He was being talked to. He should probably open his eyes...

Casper opened one eye slowly, saw the large stallion kneeling down, and the other one, Gabby he now knew and vaguely remembered, trying to get back up on her hooves. What did that other one just say? A cave? He opened the other eye and blinked down at them. "Oh... um yeah sure I... I, I can help." He eyed them both a little nervously now. He felt way in over his head. Clearly something horrible had happened to Gabby and now he was getting involved and now maybe that horrible thing was going to get him somehow, but he couldn't just run away - that seemed rude - and he did want to help. He took a deep, shaky breath and willed his body to start moving and stop quaking. "How... how can I help? I'd like to help".

Einna Firekeeper

Tipsy Loiterer

Lady Aria Starstone

Wily Mystic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:32 pm
He frowned, watching how much trouble she seemed to be having... And her eye, oh her eye! He frowned deeper, and thought for a moment. "I know of a spring... it's... not far from my home. Perhaps..." He hesitated, looking at the other stallion, and then Gabby, unsure how she'd take his suggestion. "Perhaps if we work together, the other fellow and I could get you on my back, Gabby... You'd probably have to stand and I'd go as flat as I could..."

He paused, then looked at the other fellow. "What's your name, sir? It'd be easier for working out the details..." He didn't want to keep calling him sir or you, it didn't seem very friendly. "But perhaps you could support her from the side as she stood, and stepped over me if she is willing to do this... Then while in travel, you'd stay close to make sure she doesn't slip..."

Kesmi

Einna Firekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:54 pm
Lady Aria Starstone
Einna Firekeeper

Gabby scrunched up her muzzle at the suggestion of being carried. She had never been nor will ever be carried. If she couldn't get anywhere on her own, then she would remain where she was. Turning she looked at Vieno as she firmly put her own hooves, as shaky as she was, beneath her.

"I think I can manage, if your home ain't too far away." She said flatly, "Besides, I made it this far..." She glanced behind her, looking at the trees that bore smears of gunk off her coat. It was a wonder she had made it this far and with barely a scratch. Given her over all condition, Gabby could have been far worse. "I might just have to lean on someone from time to time." This she did admit, but nothing more.

What she didn't want to admit was that she was tired, really tired. She had left the colony the morning before and had walked. Just walked, with no real direction, at times she had gotten turned around at one point. It was a wonder she hadn't collapsed sooner, or maybe she had. Things just were getting the more confusing. All Gabby did know is that she was hungry and wanted a warm place to sleep, thinking back on the feathery blanket she normally had. She had to wonder how the shufflers were.

"Have you had much problem with shufflers up here?"  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Einna Firekeeper

Tipsy Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:15 pm
Lady Aria Starstone
Kesmi

Casper looked between the two. Gabby clearly did not want to be carried, but she really didn't seem like she could make it. But maybe the stallion's home wasn't too far off, and he could help the smaller pony if she needed to lean (although he internally grimaced at the soot all over her body). But it was fine, he could help! He was good at helping... if it wasn't scary or anything...

He cleared his throat, "Uh, my name is Casper... and you're uh... Viena? Vieno? I.. um... well I'd be happy to help any way I can." He nodded firmly even though his legs were still a little shaky from all the adrenaline this morning had brought. He was doing a pretty good job of hiding it though, well, he thought so anyway.

Glancing back at Gabby he furrowed his brow, "Shufflers? Um... those big fuzzy things with giant claws? No, no, haven't seen any giant claw things in a while." Luckily, he thought to himself. Big claws were scary! He felt he shouldn't say this out loud though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:44 pm
He frowned, worried, at Gabby. "If you pass out in the snow, it could be bad, Gabby... You could get sicker, or worse... I don't want you to have trouble, that's all. You're my... oldest friend." He shook his head in concern, then softly sighed. "It's... not VERY far but it's not amazingly close either." He nodded towards the cliffs, where his cave was. "Over there... It's the best place to find caves, really." He frowned a little, and stood up again. He was prepared to do whatever it took. If she passed out... Well he'd have to see.

"I have... not seen any shufflers since that large incursion so long ago, Gabby."

Kesmi

Einna Firekeeper

Lady Aria Starstone

Wily Mystic

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:24 am
Lady Aria Starstone
Einna Firekeeper

Gabby looked between the two larger stallions, while one was slimmer then the other. She had to give a heavy sigh, Vieno wasn't going to let things go. While her legs did quiver now and again, it was mostly from the cold. Glancing around, Gabby thought to seek out the thickest bush she could find. Brambles or no, she would struggle her way into it and hunker down until the sun was up again. She just couldn't think like that, it was what her colony would do, huddle up together and shelter each other from the cold.

"I'm not going to pass out, if I were I would have done so." She huffed trying to puff herself up to look larger. "The most I might need is a bit of rest,
so lets get moving before I flop back into the snow on purpose!"

Though before she did get moving, she had to lean on one of them for a moment. The energy she had showed a moment ago washed away easily. It had been a while since she had had a proper rest, somewhere warm. When she found herself again, she eased off to walk, leaving behind a black smear of shuffler soot. The one thing that had gotten her through this long. The sludge was enough to make most leave her alone, a gift from her friends.

"Probably with reason. My colony tends to stay in their own grounds. You should see the place, when its warm weather it's as green as ever. The plants have grown strong to resist the harshness of the shuffler soot." She started to explain, some things being lost to mumbles and half squawks. "If I could, I would bring them here to help with the plants. But we all know how that ends." And she didn't wish for her colony to be destroyed for trying to help.  
Roleplays

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff